Gaston Photo Walks, Downtown Cherryville
In the northwest corner of Gaston County lies the small town of Cherryville, NC. This small agricultural town has a quaint downtown that’s making a strong comeback. Cherryville is probably best known for the New Year’s Cherryville Shooters event, a boisterous celebration for good tidings in the new year, complete with a chant and the firing of many muskets over 24 hours. It’s an event to be experienced at least once in your lifetime!
Come join Nelson Stegall Photography for a stroll through Downtown Cherryville on March 7th, 2020, starting at 4pm in the afternoon. We will meet at the J. Ralph Beam, Jr. Heritage Park located at 102 South Jacob St. Cherryville, NC between 3:45 and 4:00pm.
We will spend some time wandering around the Heritage Park photographing the historic collection of local buildings dating back to the 19th century. From the Heritage Park, we will walk the Historic Main Street of Cherryville looking for opportunities to photograph pieces of history and evidence of the modern-day revitalization.
I look forward to seeing you at the next Gaston Photo Walk! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
What to bring:
1. Wear comfortable shoes suitable for the terrain and weather.
2. Dress in layers suitable for the anticipated weather. Having extra shoes, jacket and warm, dry clothes in your car is not a bad idea.
3. Camera gear, I usually bring one camera body, 2 lenses, filters (neutral density and polarizers), lightweight tripod, memory cards, batteries, and cleaning supplies. I try and keep it simple and lightweight. Don’t forget to charge those batteries!
4. Hand warmers are great to put in your pockets to keep you warm.
5. Snacks and water.
6. Backpack (for all my gear, food, water, and clothes).
This Gaston Photo Walk is open to all ages (under 18 must be accompanied by an adult), all camera types (yes, even cell phones) and every skill level.
Please visit my website for more information about Nelson Stegall Photography https://www.nelsonstegallphotography.com/
Please feel free to reach out me with any questions or concerns: Nelson@NelsonStegallPhotography.com